Choose one word. Rolley Polley
I am sitting in the grass next to the big oak tree in my yard. The grass is green, the sun is hot, and the dirt is dry. I like being outside, especially next to my favorite oak tree. The tree is hollow in the middle, but some how still alive. The leaves are all bursting in green vibrant colors. In the middle of the trunk is a hole. Like the holes owls live in. I love this tree, just above the grass at the bottom of the tree a snake lives. I see it whenever I come close. I have been begging my dad for a tree fort, right above the hollowing, but mom never says yet without a fight. So I sit close to the big oak tree and look at what it has to bring to nature. But my favorite creature living in the tree would be the rolley polleys. They are grey insects that can roll up into balls. I pick one up into my hand, and it rolls into a ball. Once it gets comfortable enough, it crawls all around me. They don't bite, or sting, they are completely harmless. I love watching them, and looking for them as they crawl up the big trunk of the oak tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment